Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun in the Sun

I like to do activities outside. It gives us fresh air and exercise. But lately, it's just too hot to do anything unless it involves water. So, water it is! I set up the pool for Brooklyn on Wednesday while Trenton was napping.


She had a blast. I did some yard work and gave the dog a bath while we were out there!


And then Brooklyn cooled me off with the hose :)


Our Friday play group met at the splash pad at the mall. The kids had so much fun! Here's Brooklyn and her buddy Nash.


I knew Brooklyn would have a ball with the pop jets.


What I didn't expect was how much fun this little guy would have! The jets would go off at different times and he kept crawling to the ones that were spraying. He was even pushing his way through the big kids to get to the water.


He was soaked! I could not believe how much fun he was having.


He kept going off exploring on his own. He was laughing and jabbering the whole time. Totally surprised me! I thought I was going to have to hold him the whole time, but nope!


After play group, we spent the afternoon with my parents and my nephew. Trenton didn't last long in their play pool... I think he was beat. He snacked on some strawberries in the backyard instead and then took a nap.


Brooklyn and Tanner sure had fun in the pool though. Here's an action shot of Brooklyn jumping off the top of the slide. I couldn't believe how fearless she was. She's never done so many tricks in the pool!


Going down the slide. I didn't take pictures of all the stunts they were doing. They would go down head first, on their knees, backwards sitting up, backwards laying down, etc.


Tanner flying through the air.


The big kids wanted to color and Trenton thought it would be fun to help them. He played with the crayons for a bit and then all he wanted to do was eat them!


My parents' dog had a birthday on Friday, so the kids thought it would be fun to sing happy birthday. My dad even gave them candles on a donut!


And of course the dogs got to eat it :)


Trenton climbed up on the seat of this picnic table all by himself. He wants to be one of the big kids so bad! I think he wanted a bite of their donut too. Sorry buddy, this momma doesn't give any sugar to her babies until after they're a year old.... And even then, it's sparingly.



I do have to admit, I am looking forward to when it cools off again. We'll get a much wider variety of activities then. It's just too hot out there for me!

0 comments: