Sunday, July 24, 2011

Staying Busy While Daddy's Away

Kurt left on Thursday for a Team Convention in Fresno, CA. I was bummed that I couldn't go with him, but someone had to stay home with the babies. He'll be home late tonight so I thought I'd post about all the fun stuff we did while he was away. I didn't realize how much I packed into the weekend!!!! This might be a LONG post :)

******************************

Friday morning: I got together with a couple of my friends (whose husbands were also at the convention with Kurt) and we had a play date at the mall. Here's Trenton playing in one of the tunnels.


Crawling through a cave trying to catch his friend Kimber. I think it's so cute that he's grabbing on to her bum. Watch out girls... he's a flirt!


Brooklyn climbing on top of a beaver. My camera is acting dumb so my pictures are turning out darker than they should.


After playing, we did some shopping at the mall and had lunch in the food court. It was fun spending time with my friends and the kids got completely worn out and both went down for naps as soon as we got home!

******************************

Friday evening: We went to my friend Misty's house for dinner and she had a bunch of people over as well. Here's my little charmer. Love those big blue eyes!


Brooklyn having a "picnic" dinner with her friend Kaydence. The kitty kept trying to steal their food so of course Brooklyn kept scolding her.


Trenton found a lemon slice. I knew it was going to go straight for his mouth, but I let him figure it out for himself that it was sour.


Funny part is, he actually liked it! He sucked on this thing until there was no juice left and then got mad when I took away the peel.


Brooklyn was showing the girls her moves. She likes to dance like the people on "So You Think You Can Dance". I think we may need to sign her up for dance class one day. She LOVES it!


I hadn't planned on staying out so late, but the kids were behaving and I was having fun. It was about 10:30 when we finally got home.... WAY past bedtime.

******************************

Saturday: A friend of mine brought her twins over to our house for a play date. I set up the kiddie pool in the backyard and they had a blast! My friend and I were wishing the pool was bigger so we could cool off too! Even though the kids were having fun, we were roasting while out there supervising!


Brooklyn doing "tricks" on the slide.


More tricks with her feet in the air.


Trenton even went in for a bit this time. Didn't last long though. I think it might have been too much commotion for him.


Trying to catch the water that drips from the tree. Didn't stop Brooklyn from sliding on him. That may have been another reason he wanted to get out.


Playing with friends.


It was so cute, she said good bye to the boys and even got a hug out of one of them! I love having friends with children around the same ages as mine. It's so good for them to have that interaction.


This was another activity that completely wore them out. They both went down for naps when our play date was over. Trenton actually slept for 5 hours straight!

******************************

Spaghetti mess: I gave Trenton spaghetti for the first time Saturday night. He loved it, and it made a lovely mess! He's starting to get the hang of using his fork too, even though most went in with the hands...


Straight to the bath you go Mister!


******************************

Tanner's Birthday Party: My nephew turns 4 tomorrow and had a Peter Piper Pizza birthday party. It was a fun, loud afternoon full of family and friends.

Trenton loved trying to catch the balloons.


Here's the birthday boy. Him and my dad picked out this mustache disguise as one of his prizes when he cashed in his tickets. What a dork! But hey, he's cute!


Brooklyn on the mini merry go round.


Trenton being a big boy on the merry go round. He thought he was pretty cool holding on all by himself. Oh, and I noticed today that he cut two more teeth on top. He now has 6 chompers in there!


We ate pizza and cake and once again, completely wore the kids out!!!


******************************

I love these kids. They are both getting so big. Trenton is trying so hard to walk. He's almost got the hang of it. He just needs one hand to hold for balance. Here's sister helping him out! She's such a good encourager too. She cheers him on "You can do it, you can do it"


Oh boy... here he is standing all by himself without holding onto anything! He can only hold it for a few seconds before losing balance, but hey, it was long enough for me to snap a picture! Look at that serious face!


Once he gets brave enough to go on his own, he's just going to take off! His legs are pretty strong and he goes fast when he's pushing something. He just gets nervous if I let go. Brooklyn started walking 2 weeks before she turned one... Trenton will be one in 4 weeks. He's getting close!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

loviest blog i have ever seen..