Tuesday, March 3, 2009

While Daddy's Away, His Girls Will Play

Kurt was in St. Louis this past weekend for a Leadership Conference. Brooklyn and I stayed home since I thought she was too little to tag along and I wasn't ready to leave her for the weekend just yet. We decided since Daddy was out having fun, we needed to have some fun as well.

We got dressed up cute and ran some errands first.


Then we put on our party clothes (and new shoes) and went for a night on the town. Brooklyn looked so dang cute in those denim shoes my mom bought for her.

She thought it was neat wearing summer clothes and kept lifting up her shirt to show off her belly. Don't tell Daddy! :) She's such the flirt!


We had a fun slumber party too with my friends Rachel and Melissa (whose husbands were at the conference with Kurt). Brooklyn had her first slumber party with a boy too. Don't worry, Brayden had his own room. Don't they look cute together?


Here we are watching cartoons at home Sunday morning. Boy was she tuned in!



Then Sunday afternoon we spent the day with Kurt's mom and sister. Kurt's mom heated the jacuzzi for us to play in. I stuck my hand in the pool (which was NOT heated) and said it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be for this time of year. Kurt's mom said I should go in and I took it as a dare.... so crazy me, I dove in and swam a few laps. It was like sixty something degrees. So cold!



But it was fun! It was actually a little invigorating. Then I thought I should probably get out and warm up so I don't get sick.



While we hung out by the pool, Brooklyn took a 2 hour nap under the patio.


Then Daddy came home and had Monday off work to hang out with his girls. We decided to get out of the house for some fun. So Brooklyn of course put on her cute shoes (OK, she had some help from Mommy) and a hat to block the sun.


And we packed Bailee up and went to the dog park. My parents met up with us and brought their dogs too. It's not so crowded when you go during the week. The dogs had such a good time and we enjoyed being out in the beautiful weather.

Here is Bailee after swimming in the pond. Obviously she was having a good time... look at that tongue hanging out!


Brooklyn was hanging out in the shade. Mommy didn't think it would be a good idea to introduce her fair skin to a sunburn just yet :)


Although we had such a good time with just the girls for the weekend, we sure were happy to have Daddy come home!

3 comments:

barbafamily said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I love all the cute pictures of little Brooklyn! And, you are crazy to get into that pool!

Erika Amezquita said...

That pool is huge! I cant wait till it gets warmer so that I can take the boys swimming. Looks like you guys had a great time over the weekend! Even Bailey. We've never taken Buster to a dog park, we should take him soon.

Anonymous said...

while daddy's away I'd like to "play" with his little girl