Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me :)

My 32nd birthday was on Saturday. I share my birthday with my brother and he just turned 30 so we got together with a bunch of friends and family and celebrated at Wild Horse Pass. We had a great time. This was the first time that I've been away from my kids overnight, with the exception of the times I was in the hospital while pregnant and having Trenton. It was nice having a little weekend away! Too bad my internal clock is set and I couldn't take advantage by sleeping in :)

This was Kurt and I before we left.


I was spoiled with a bunch of cool birthday presents and gift cards. And Kurt surprised me with a new camera since mine has been acting up. I love it! It's an upgraded version of what I had before... still shock proof so it won't break if dropped, waterproof, etc. I love it!

I was testing it out today and Trenton thought he'd show off by showing me his snack. Gross!


I was playing around with a ton of cool settings. They were pretty neat, so thought I'd share.

Watercolor mode:


Shaded edges:


Pop Art: (made the colors super bright)


Drawing mode:


Soft focus: (made it sort of blurry around the edges)


Sparkle mode: (Look at the edges of her blanket. I want to play around with this one more)


Punk mode:


And this was just cute. Brooklyn was in her shopping cart and Trenton pushed her all over the house. I would have thought she was too heavy, but he's pretty strong I guess.


I can't wait to play around with my camera more! It seems I'm never without it wherever I go so I sure am happy to have a reliable one again! It was getting pretty frustrating with the old one. Thanks to my honey for picking up on that and getting me a new one :)

0 comments: