Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Big Birthday Boy!!!!

Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet baby boy Trenton! We love you!


We had his party this weekend. This is the only picture I took of the decorations. They were cute. And instead of ordering food, I made it all this time! It was a lot of work, but I was pleased with how it all turned out. I think everyone had a good time!


The birthday boy having some snacks. He and Brooklyn ended up missing the first part of the party because they were sleeping. I went in to wake Brooklyn about 3 times and she kept telling me "I need a few more minutes to rest please" It was so cute!


Opening presents... He got his own big boy chair since he kept stealing Brooklyn's pink princess chair. He loves it!


He got a lot of other cool stuff too (trucks, books, clothes, trains, puzzles, etc). He has been playing with it all nonstop. He really loved playing with the balloons at the party too!


His birthday cake, to match the polka dot theme!


And his own special cake.


I don't give my babies any sugar the first year so cake was new to him! It was so funny. He didn't know what to do with it. He put his fingers in the frosting then started flinging it everywhere trying to get it off his hands. It was on the floor, on the chairs, on the wall...


Digging his finger in. Brooklyn had a front row seat and kept asking if she could have a bite!


He wouldn't even take a bite of the cake until we gave him a fork. I tried putting some in his mouth and was trying to get him to lick his fingers, but he wanted nothing to do with it. Once he had a fork, he went to town! It was hilarious :)


Mmmmm, yummy! And oh so messy!!!!


The aftermath. He went straight to the bath after this!


The kids having a snack on Trenton's new picnic table. This gift came in handy at the party so the little kids could have their own spot.


He LOVES this table. He climbs up and down all by himself and sits there like a big boy. He even tries to sit on top of it, but mommy doesn't let him. He really has gotten the hang of it though... only fell off once :) He's not going to be happy when I put it away....


Yep, Trenton got a new chair so Brooklyn could have hers back... but what do you know... Brooklyn likes the new one better. Everything that comes into the house is hers, right? She's having a hard time understanding all the new toys belong to brother!


Having a morning snack at his table.


Trenton had a wonderful birthday party. We were so excited to celebrate his special day. I still can't believe he's one! This year has flown by. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I can't imagine life without this sweet boy. We love you buddy!

1 comments:

barbafamily said...

Happy birthday Trenton! I can't believe he is one already! Looks like a great party! Love the cake :-) Great job mom!