Monday, August 31, 2009

Saying Goodbye to my 20's...

Well, I hit the big 30 last Thursday. And I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty good! :) And since Kurt has Thursdays off, this was the first year that we were able to spend the day together on my actual birthday since I don't have to work anymore. It was great!

I bought a new dress, my mom watched Brooklyn and we went to see Time Travelers Wife and have dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was a FANTASTIC day!


I think my favorite part though was the surprise I got when going to wake Brooklyn up from her nap. Daddy had snuck in while I was showering and put my present in the crib. Brooklyn noticed right away that there was fun stuff in her bed, so she opened it all up. When I went in the room, she had a bottle of perfume next to her leg and she had opened the envelope from the card, pulled the card out and there was a massage gift card inside the card that she was chewing on. It was so funny!!!


I guess she figured that whatever was in her bed belonged to her. I was cracking up.



And what would my post be without some random pictures of Brooklyn. She was having fun riding on daddy's shoulders.


It didn't take Bailee long to find her new favorite spot in the house.... close to the high chair. She's figured out that she gets snacks that way :)



Brooklyn is doing chores and helping out with the dusting, haha.



I was clacking my tongue and she was trying to copy me.


What a big girl. She makes me laugh every day. I just love being her mommy!


We are headed back to CO for yet another vacation tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of the heat again. Relaxation, here we come!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! Glad you had a great day!

Tawni said...

Yea, you joined us old people! It's about time. Just joking.
Feel the same...however my friend just told me that she has noticed her metabolism changing already and she is only 31....NOOOOO!