Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Girls Only" Trip To Colorado

We just got back from our girls trip. It was totally different than any other CO trip we've taken. There wasn't much on the agenda and we mostly just relaxed and enjoyed the weather! (80's during the day, high 50's - low 60's at night).

My mom wanted to go to the Escalante Days fair that was in town. It was not like any fair we've had in AZ. Small towns are so neat. This was seriously the most people I've seen in this town at once. It was great!

And I realized that my baby is growing like a weed when I put her in the Bjorn. I don't think we'll be able to use that much longer. She's getting too big!!!!


This was the only "ride" at the fair. A tractor pulled the little car train around the street. It was cute. Brooklyn will probably get to ride this some year.


She was worn out with all the festivities! You can tell by that look on her face.


This was one of her favorite things to do during the week and it made me so nervous. She loved climbing on the fireplace ledge, but it's solid stone and one slip can really hurt her. She only bumped her head once on it so that was good.


My dad has a lot of "elk chew" custom furniture throughout the house. It's exactly as it sounds... made from wood that elk have chewed in the wild. It makes a neat design in the wood. Well, Brooklyn added some "Brooklyn chew" to the furniture while we were there :) She had to taste everything!


I love this pic. It truly shows her sweet personality shining through. She has such a happy spirit! I just can't get enough of her.


Her other favorite thing to do was climb up on the oven, dishwasher and fridge and lick the stainless steel. It was cold and I guess felt good on her tongue. Once she'd lick it, she'd finger paint in the drool. We had a lot of prints to clean off when we left. She was leaving her mark!


This is my little "baby bird". Every time I'd feed her, she'd just sit there with her mouth open waiting for more bites. Too funny!


The hummingbirds kept swarming the feeder. My mom had to fill it daily because they'd empty the whole thing. We had to make another trip to the store just to get more nectar. At times there would be 8 or 10 at once.


My mom has a big soaking tub in the master bath. Brooklyn loves to take a swim in it while we're there. (and so do I, we just don't pull the camera out for that... )


Of all the bath toys, the plastic dixie cups are her favorite.


I caught her splashing herself in the face in this one.


Bath time is fun time.


On the drive home, she looked like the closet scene in ET with all the animals surrounding her and just a head peeking out.


We stopped at my Grandpa's house in Payson on the way home. He has a stuffed Chihuahua toy that says "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" and she loved playing with it!


It was a nice spur of the moment trip and we truly enjoyed ourselves and the little break we got. We are headed back up with the whole gang again in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't get enough of her Shannon! What a fun time for you! I'd say enjoy every minute, but you already have that down!! Luv ya girl!!

Heather Weir said...

She looks so much like the both of you. The tired picture looks exactly like Kurt.
Girls weekend sounds like such a great idea. I need one of those.

Anonymous said...

any showing hercunt?