Saturday, January 19, 2008

Little Bit of Randomness for the Week

This is the front of our house. Notice the two huge trees? Well, they are very messy and drop those pea pod things all the time. No matter how often we clean them up, we still get notices from the HOA for tree debris in our yard. So, Kurt had this bright idea.....

Let's chop them down! It took two days for them to come down, and he still hasn't figured out how to get the stumps out. I think that will be his project next week.


Here is the "after" picture. It looks so bare! It's actually kinda weird. We're going to replace them in the spring with some that are a little less messy!



DATE NIGHT

Kurt and I try to have date night at least twice a month.... even if it's just dinner and a movie. Well this week, Kurt had decided to plan something and not tell me what it was. He actually planned it about 3 weeks ago and only told me to keep the night open, but would not budge on any details. I don't like surprises... I like to know what's going on! But of course, he never spilled the beans.

Anyway, he ended up taking me out to dinner at the Landmark, then we went to America West Arena and he had tickets for the Blue Man Group show.



I've never been to that show before. I didn't even know they came to AZ. It was definitely a lot of fun. To be honest with you, he could have taken me anywhere and it would have been fun. I just love his creativity and thoughtfulness. He is such a good husband!


3 comments:

Kenyon said...

How fun and how sweet:) Ive never seen that, but have heard that it is good.

Priceless Heritage said...

oooh- I want to see that show- you are lucky! Great hubby! Cute house too!

Heather Weir said...

That is so much fun. I've wanted to see the blue man show. I hear it's great. I like your house without the tree's but I'll bet you miss the shade and privacy they offered. New tree's will be just perfect!