Tuesday, January 1, 2008

July 25, 2007 - New Addition - Our First Nephew!

Tanner came into this world 8 weeks ahead of schedule. He was 3 pounds 10 ounces at birth. To give you an idea of just how tiny that was, that's my brother's hand in the picture.

Aunt Shannon just couldn't stay away from him. I was finally able to hold him for the first time after he was 5 days old. I've never held a baby that small.

This is my brother and the proud daddy of little Tanner. (who in this photo was about 2.5 weeks old now). Tanner had to spend the first 4.5 weeks of his life in the neonatal intensive care unit. The doctors had thought it would be longer than that, but he was such a fighter and so strong! We are so thankful for the technologies we have today... he truly is a miracle baby!


2 comments:

Linae said...

Thank goodness we live today! I am so glad he is doing so great!

Erika Amezquita said...

Wow, he was soooo tiny! Didnt you feel afraid to hold him because he was so small? I'd feel like I would break him! Wow, he is really cute though, I'm glad he made it through and is a healthy baby!