Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crash and Burn!

Oops! Notice the bump and scrapes on my forehead.... lovely!


After it was all said and done, I found this too funny not to share! Leave it to me to be a clutz!

I was at a friends house yesterday running around in the backyard w/ kids and dogs... And I was running fast! The dang hose got in my way and tripped me. I FLEW about 5 feet and landed hard... of course not into a bed of pillows, but a huge pile of pointy rocks! It completely knocked the wind out of me and took a while for me to get up and breathe. My head smacked the rocks and actually bounced back up. It even chipped the lense of my glasses which of course I had declined the extended warranty for replacement because I "never" do anything to them! I got a nice welt and scratches on my head, scrapes on both my arms, about 12 small gashes in one knee, a welt and huge bruise on the other hip, a whole bunch of scrapes/bruises on my stomach, and a deep gouge in my hand where I tried to catch myself.

My friend said her kids fall all the time and never get that banged up! I guess the saying is true... The bigger they are, the harder they fall!!!!!

This morning when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a train. I have been so sore today and feel like I got a little bit of whiplash. But I guess it could have been worse. If my head had hit 2 inches further, I would have split it open on the brick. That's the last thing I need is a head full of stitches! How embarrasing. Even though I was mad about my glasses, I realized that they probably saved my eyes. If there weren't 6 small chips in the lense, I'm sure the rock would have poked my eye. The glasses can be replaced!

Kurt told me next time I go out to play I need to wear a helmet! :)

4 comments:

Kenyon said...

Oh my goodness that is horrible...OUCH! I hope you are feeling a little better, probably not yet. You will laugh so hard about this after you are all better:(

Jeremy & Echelle Slade said...

How cute are you? I can't believe that happened. I am glad you are alright. I am so excited that you have a blog! I am really excited to see all of your pics and everythings. I am also really excited to see you this weekend! We are going to have so much fun!!!! Well chica!! Catch ya later!

Heather Weir said...

Not nice Kurt! I'm so sorry you fell and got hurt that stinks. It is a very good story though. Good thing to laugh about later on after all the pain is gone. No more accidents ok.
hope to see you at Echelle's on saturday.

Priceless Heritage said...

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better!