Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Park Adventure and More Walking

It hasn't been as hot lately, so I thought we might take a walk to the park. There's a nice little park exactly one mile from our house. Sure we could drive there, but this way I get some exercise and the kids still get to play.


Mini Joe Cool in his glasses.


We had taken a long break from visiting the park through the Summer so this was Trenton's first trip since he can actually play too! Brooklyn was thrilled to have someone to teeter when she totters... and Trenton was just thrilled to be able to play!


Walking in the sand is much harder than walking on solid ground, but he did a good job adjusting.


Neither one of them really liked getting dirty though.


Playing around in the grass instead. Brooklyn is much faster and brother just couldn't keep up.


He sure was having fun though. I absolutely LOVE this picture. That's my happy boy enjoying a nice stroll in the grass :)


Yep, I'm cool and I know it!


I had to laugh... whenever he'd lose his balance he'd catch himself in this crouching position so he wouldn't have to touch the grass. Brooklyn is the same way.


Weeee, sliding is fun.


Hmmm, how can I get up there with sister?


She was "driving like a pirate".... yep, those were her words. Quite the imagination.


Jumping really high on the bridge.


Time out for a cool drink after all that playing. I just can't get over how big he is getting. What happened to my baby? He's not allowed to grow up this fast!


After playing we had another mile walk to get home... we were all pink-cheeked by the time we were done. I think it's still a bit too hot to do this daily. I can't wait until it cools off. I think we made this trip daily last spring. I'm ready to do that again!

My happy boy sure had fun!


*********************************************************
Here's another recent video. He sure has gotten the hang of this walking business. He now walks more than he crawls around the house. Still crawls though when he wants to go super fast! He's getting better at turning corners and catching his balance when he's about to fall. He's been getting better at standing himself up without pulling up on anything too. He even has some dance moves! He sure is my big boy!

0 comments: