Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bossy Sister

I wanted to post about this earlier, but forgot. While we were on vacation all four of us had to share a room (which we're not used to, but we made it work). Naptime was probably the trickiest because they both go down at the same time and neither of them were in their own beds. Brooklyn had her princess sleeping bag which she loves...


And Trenton had the pack and play, which isn't near as comfy as his crib, but does the trick.


Anyway, one afternoon I put them down and once it was quiet I left to go hang out with Kurt. My mom was there to listen for the kids. Well, Trenton starts screaming bloody murder and that's not like him when it's time for a nap. My mom picked him up to comfort him and asked Brooklyn what was wrong with her brother. (Brooklyn is all tucked into her bed at the time like she's little miss innocent).


Brooklyn responds "Mommy said it was naptime".

My mom says "OK, but why is he crying?"

To that, Brooklyn says "It's naptime, he was standing, so I put him down".

She said it so matter of factly like it was no big deal. And by "put him down" that little stinker went over to him and SHOVED him down. He made sure to tell Grandma on her!

Yep, that's my bossy little girl. I guess it didn't matter that she was supposed to be laying down in her bed too!

0 comments: