Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Fun Afternoon at the Lake!

My dad and grandpa were at Roosevelt Lake with some friends from CO who were visiting. We decided it would be fun to jump in the truck and take the kids for the afternoon. Kurt was busy so my mom and grandma came along.

It was a beautiful day :)


I wasn't quite sure how Trenton would do since he doesn't like to be stuck in one place now that he's mobile, but he had a good time too. The bumbo chair made a perfect seat for him to eat his lunch.


Brooklyn was going to town on my mom's salmon dip.


Trenton kept trying to steal everyone's food off their plates. He even got a good grip on my mom's and almost flung it off the table.


I let him try some pineapple and he LOVED it. He kept taking his hand and trying to shove it further in his mouth!


Sitting with our friend John and blowing raspberries. These two are good buddies!


Brooklyn was SOOOO excited to see Stacy. She's been talking about her all week. We only get to see them a few times a year since they live in CO. The kids both love them to pieces!


Brooklyn kept telling Stacy "Come have fun with me." So that's exactly what Stacy did... She even sat in the dirt to play with her.


Brooklyn was loving every minute!


Trenton and Grandpa down by the boat. They kept calling Trenton "Gilligan" in his little hat. He looked so cute! Hey, it kept the sun off his face. I'm actually surprised he left it alone all afternoon.


I think Brooklyn just might have a little bit of her mommy in her afterall... she LOVED the water. She didn't care that it was cold. She had to play in it.


First the feet...


Then full on splashing... She was soaked! Good thing I had a change of clothes for the drive home.


She was having fun playing on my dad's boat. He showed her the minnow bucket and she kept trying to catch them. She told me the fishies were scared of her.


So Grandpa caught one for her instead. She thought it was so neat!


One of my dad's dogs was fetching sticks from the lake. It didn't matter how far he threw it, she came back with it every time.


Trenton missed his 2nd nap of the day since there was so much going on... He fell asleep on me when I fed him before it was time to go, but that didn't last long. He woke up when I moved him to the carseat. I thought for sure he'd sleep the whole way home... but nope, too excited. I guess it's ok to skip a nap every now and then. They sure had fun!


We were all exhausted last night so I hadn't completely unloaded everything yet. Brooklyn woke up this morning and told me she needed sun cream (since that's what I told her she had to wear out in the sun)... so she put some on herself. Sorry dear, we're not going back today.


It sure is nice to be able to do these fun day trips. We have to soak up this beautiful weather before it gets too hot!

0 comments: