Friday, June 4, 2010

Another CO Vacation

We spent another 10 days in Colorado with my parents. It was so much fun. It took us 8 hours instead of the usual 7 hours to get there since it was so windy and we were pulling a trailer with my dad's new Ranger. Brooklyn was a trooper though. Only fussy for about 15 minutes each way.

At one point she was really quiet so I looked back to see what she was doing. She covered herself up with the blanket. I think she was trying to block out the light so she could rest. Silly girl!


This is one of their neighbors. She had taken my dad and Kurt on a horseback ride and brought them up by the house. Brooklyn LOVED the horses and wasn't scared one bit. Here was her first riding experience... for about 2 minutes.


My dad and Kurt on horses...


Brooklyn was having a blast digging all the rocks on the property!


Wheeeee! I'm having so much fun!


One of the neighbors bought her this little push car. She played with it all week and kept walking it down the driveway (which is a very long walk for little legs).


Daddy to the rescue to bring her and her car home.


We took the pontoon boat out one afternoon. It was a beautiful day until we got on the water, then the wind kicked up and it got cold. Brooklyn's face was so cute while we were driving across the water. I'm bummed though. I didn't realize I had water spots on my camera lens from our swim day before vacation started. It ruined a bunch of my pictures before I noticed it and cleaned the camera. Oh well.


This was at a different neighbors farm. Once again, Brooklyn LOVED the horses. She was trying to figure out how to pet this one.



Kurt's sister gave her a little help so she could reach.



They had the oldest, shaggiest, dirtiest goat on their property and Brooklyn was absolutely fascinated with it. She kept trying to catch the goat. She ran all over chasing it, all while yelling "Goat, come". "Baaaaa". And then she yelled "Goat, NOW" and stomped her foot.... like that would make him listen or something. I was cracking up! I wish I would have had the video camera on her.
This isn't a good picture since it's all blurry. They were both running too fast. But you get the idea!



Finally, something she could catch... the kitty!



This horse really liked my mom. He kept nudging her shoulder and when she wasn't paying attention he came up behind her and licked her face. It was too funny!


One of their horses had a baby a few weeks before we got there. It was so cute... and so soft. Here's my dad playing with it.


And of course Brooklyn checking out more horses.



These horses belong to another set of neighbors they have up there. (My parents have the best neighbors). They let everyone saddle up the horses and go on a trail ride. Here's my dad, Kurt, Kurt's mom and sister, and the neighbor. They brought the horses by the house so we could see. I was a left out since I'm pregnant. I guess I'll have to take a ride another time.



My dad and Kurt's mom.



And yes, Brooklyn had to get on a horse this time too.


Off they go. Brooklyn was not happy to see them leave. She would pet horses all day if I let her.



Here was another one of her favorite things to do... ride the quad with mommy. She called it her bike. She is such an outdoors girl. She had so much fun!


We always love to get away to CO whenever we have a chance. It's so relaxing and there are so many fun things to do. It was really nice having Kurt's mom and sister join us this trip. It wasn't so bad coming home though because we'll be turning right around and going back in a few weeks! Yeay!

3 comments:

Ashraf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashraf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.