Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Colorado Trip

We spent last week in Colorado with my parents. We had such a good time. It was so nice to get away from the AZ heat too.

My dad had bought Brooklyn a camoflauge dress so I thought it would be appropriate for her to wear it in CO. She looked so cute.


When we put her on the bench outside for a photo op, she was more interested in picking the flowers instead.




Then I thought it would be cute to take her picture by a tree so she would blend in. I didn't want to be in the picture with her, so my mom and I buckled her in this little booster high chair seat... Little did we know Brooklyn would be so interested in the weeds. She leaned over and the whole thing tipped. She landed face first in the weed. I felt sooooo bad. Luckily she only had a couple scratches and no harm was done. Bad mommy!


We got to ride horses one of the days. I didn't have the camera though. Dang it. We also went to the lake. It was beautiful.



Here is Brooklyn sporting her frog life jacket and her "My first fishing hat" that my dad got her.



Kurt hanging out in the front of the boat.


This boating trip was cut short due to the black clouds and rain and hail that blew in. The wind was so cold coming across the water.


I laid Brooklyn down for a nap in her playpen. I put her in horizontally and when I went to check on her, she had wiggled around so her hands and feet were touching the edge. I guess she likes it that way.


When the sun came out a few days later, we tried the whole boating/fishing thing one more time. Here is Brooklyn driving the boat. She thought she was hot stuff.



I just can't get enough of those baby blues!


The dogs hung out at the front as our "look out" crew. They were having just as much fun as us.



Here's Kurt and Bailee fishing off the back. I don't have any pictures, but I'm actually the one who caught most the fish that day :)


This was the view on our drive home. Long road with not much to look at but bushes and clouds. I enjoy the ride though. It gives Kurt and I plenty of chit-chat time.


We stopped off at Woods Canyon Lake on the way home to stretch our legs and enjoy the scenery. It was so pretty. I think we'll need to put that on our list of things to do next and try camping with Brooklyn.


She is such a good little traveler. She slept most the way there and about half the time on the way back. So peaceful.



Next week we are heading to Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan. Brooklyn will get to ride on an airplane for the first time. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun adventure! It sounds like you aren't done either! What will you be doing back east? We're up in the cool pines too! We love it. Justin leaves in Oct. Have fun on the airplane Brooklyn!

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Oh my goodness Shannon what GREAT pictures!! I love the cute camo dress you were telling me about :) I think those pics were worth the fall....since it wasn't too bad of one :) I love the boat pictures! I am so jealous! Also that new jungle toy that she got is flippin' awesome!! Brayden would go crazy! we might just have to come test it out sometime :) love ya!