Friday, November 28, 2008

WORTH THE WAIT - Brooklyn is Home!!!!!!!

I have finally found a minute to post about the birth of our daughter, Brooklyn Renee. She is now 11 days old and I am loving being her mother. I don't know what happens to all the hours in our days though. They seem to fly by. Our routine includes eat, sleep, poop, eat, sleep, poop, and several Dr. visits in between.

This was taken the night before she was born. Although I loved being pregnant, I'm happy to be able to see my feet again! :) Look at the size of that belly!

The birth experience: We had a c-section on Nov 17th. I had so many emotions in that room. It went by so fast too! The first cut was made at 11:23 and she was out at 11:24. I was so happy to hear her screaming voice. It brought tears to my eyes. I just love this little baby girl.

Here is her first picture coming into this world:


Our camera was set to video mode when Kurt handed it to someone to take a picture, so here is her first time meeting mommy! I can't even put it in words what I was feeling at that moment!




Here is the proud new daddy showing off his most prized possession :) Doesn't he look handsome in his scrubs? While the Dr finished up with me, Kurt went with the baby to the nursery to get her cleaned up and keep her company.


Here is my chunky monkey. She weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces and already had chubby little rolls on her thighs and arms. She looks so different today though. We are having problems with nursing and my milk supply. She ended up dropping a little over a pound in her first 4 days of life. We are currently pumping what milk I have to increase the supply and supplementing with formula to bring her weight back up. Not quite how I had planned the whole thing, but we're still trying to get the nursing to work. I hope we can be successful.



I had to stay in recovery for quite a while longer than normal due to some small complications. Kurt stayed with Brooklyn so she wouldn't be lonely. She was gripping onto his finger and just loving on her daddy. Kurt was going back and forth from the nursery to the recovery room showing me pictures of our little girl. I think the hardest part of the whole day was the time I was in recovery. All I wanted to do was see my baby and had to wait over 2 and a half hours before they released me to my room.



At last, I was finally able to hold my precious baby girl. Again, more emotions than I know how to express in words. It was the most amazing feeling to finally snuggle my baby in my arms. I had no other care in the world!



Look at those cheeks!


Recovery was not as bad as I had expected and we were able to go home already after 2 days in the hospital. Here we are saying goodbye to Room 18! We are packing our precious cargo!



Brooklyn in her first ride in the Expedition: She likes riding in the truck and just falls asleep.



First day home... she got to try out her new swing and loved it.


She looks so peaceful...




We are having so much fun adjusting to parenthood. I don't even mind the long sleepless nights either. Brooklyn is such a good baby too. She typically only cries when she needs something. She had quite a bit of jaundice after we were released, but that is finally under control (poor baby had to have blood drawn 3 times after we were home to make sure her bilirubin levels were going down so we didn't have to go back to the hospital). She is finally starting to put back on some of her weight and is up to 8 pounds 5 ounces.

I have come to realize that motherhood is the BEST thing in this world. I would do anything for this little girl. I am so happy to have her in our lives. We cannot wait to take Brooklyn through the journey of life. We love her so much!

10 comments:

barbafamily said...

She is SO beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story and all the pictures! Motherhood is the BEST and I'm SO glad you are enjoying yourself...cherish all these special times because they grow so fast! I love ya...let me know if you need anything!

Kenyon said...

I am SO excited for you! She is beautiful. I felt like it was Christmas every day when I had Jaxson. It never stops being that fun. I am excited to meet her. She is so blessed to have such loving parents!

Tawni said...

I am so incredibly happy for you Shannon!!! You have waited a very long time for this and now it is here and it is soo worth the wait isn't it!!! She is soo stinkin cute!
I am so glad she is good for you and wish you lots of luck with the recovery!
Call me if you need anything at all! Just down the street, remember.

Priceless Heritage said...

Yeah!!! She is beautiful! Happy to hear everything is so good- I'd been wondering how it all went. Congratulations!!!

Erika said...

I am so happy that everything went well, she is sooooo cute. Kurt was showing me a bunch of pictures on his camera at the Rock in R ranch. Motherhood is so awesome, it's amazing how much you love your kids, you really would do anything for them. Savor these moments 'cause they grow up fast, Ryan's already 2! And be persistent with the whole breastfeeding thing, you will get it down just dont give up and use your resources to get more info on it. Good luck Shannon, let us know when we can come meet her!

Michelle said...

Shannon! It was such a treat for me to come visit with you! You are such a wonderful mom! I can't get over how strong Brooklyn is! What a doll!! Love ya!

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

I don't know what's going on I thought I left a comment. Oh I know my mind has kind of left me this last month :) I love your post sooo much! I love that the doc accidentally took a video that is so precious! Brooklyn is so beautiful and I can't wait to see her! I think I will have to come visit really soon :)

Unknown said...

Kurt, I hope this is you, i.e.; Karen & Ken Bucy's son. If so I have a picture your Mother sent me of you when you were a baby yourself. I have been looking for your Mother, she was one of my High School teachers from Apache Junction. The last time I saw her was in California when she was visiting. If you are, in fact, Kurt, son of Karen & Ken's, please reply to me at wmccray@gmail.com
I would love to say hello to your Mom or even surprise her, if possible. my Home number is 480-374-4446 and my name is Wendy McCray. Thank you!!! P.S. What a beautiful girl you have!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely bald p---y

Anonymous said...

love to get a taste of her newbornpu--y and rub myc-ck on it