Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1 Month Old Today (where did the time go?)

I can't believe our baby girl is a month old already. It seriously seems like we just came home from the hospital the other day. Time sure flies when you're having fun. I am way behind in posting, so hopefully this will catch us up. We are adjusting nicely to our new family of three. And believe it or not, I'm actually handling the sleepless nights better than I thought. Brooklyn usually goes to bed around 11 and we're up around 3, 6 and 9 for feedings. Not too bad!

Here are a couple of our Christmas pictures:

She looks so sweet in her Santa suit. (Thanks again Linae, that outfit is too cute and just perfect for the holidays!)

This was taken the first week we were home. She had a bit of jaundice so we took the swing in the backyard so she could do some sunbathing. Good thing our cold front hadn't come in yet.


This was Brooklyn's first bath at home. She did not like it at all since we had to do a sponge bath because her umbilical cord was still on. Boy does she have some good lungs!


She looks so frustrated here. Like she's saying "enough already".


She actually liked getting her hair washed though. I can't get over the expression on her face here. Such a cute grin.


Finally, bath is finished. No more crying!


And this is her all bundled up once the bath was finished. See, it wasn't the end of the world afterall. But I guess I wasn't looking at things from her perspective! :)


Just chillin.


She likes baths much better now that we can use the bathtub and submerge her in the warm water.



Here's Brooklyn playing in her bouncer. She is totally staring at the lights and animals moving around and making music.



And this is her on her activity mat. She found herself in the mirror. She usually will stay content for about 20 minutes or so with these toys before getting bored and moving onto something else. It's a nice break for me not to have to occupy her time and hold her around the clock.



Doesn't she look so peaceful when she sleeps?



In the beginning it was a little weird for me to be the "mom". When I hear the word mom, I think of my mom... but now that's my role too. I wasn't sure if I was going to know what to do with everything and wondered if I'd be able to handle it all, but things just seem to fall into place. I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be in life. We just love having this little baby girl in our family! She truly is a blessing!

4 comments:

Priceless Heritage said...

She is a doll!! Love the Santa outfit!

Tawni said...

What a little cutie!
I am glad you have got the hang of things.
It is scary to wonder if you will be able to do it all, but it always comes to us mom's.
I am soo glad you are finally a mom! You will be great.

Erika Amezquita said...

Hi Shannon,
She is so cute and getting so big! I cant wait to see her, hopefully when we get back from california, were leaving tomorrow for a week. I've been thinking of you lately and have been meaning to call you. I'm glad you posted new pictures, it has been a while, I've been really bad with blogging too! But very much expected from a new mom! Sorry I missed your call, I did get your message. We're doing good, nothing new other than our little trip to freezing cold weather in california tomorrow! Anyway, I'll give you a call soon to find out when I can come visit u guys!

Love ya,
Erika

Anonymous said...

mum let me lick herpu--y clean while you watch her squeal and kick her chubby lil legs, her head tossing from side to side when she feels my tongue slip inside herpu--y mmmmmmmm baby tastes so damn good