Thursday, November 13, 2008

EXCITING UPDATES!!!!!

#1. FIRST AND FOREMOST - BABY UPDATE:

As of Wed, I am dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced, but she hasn't dropped yet. I've been feeling like she is getting really big and running out of room in there, so I asked the Dr if they could estimate her size... They sent me in for an ultrasound. Here is what they could get of her face. She has chubby little cheeks already.

And here is her big foot...

They are estimating her at least 9 pounds already (and I'm still 2 and a half weeks from my due date) and said she's measuring at 41 weeks gestation! They measured her belly several times and said that it is very large (bigger than her head). My Dr. is concerned that if I have a normal birth, there is a big chance of her getting stuck after the head comes out, which would cause complications. He is recommending a C-Section so we are scheduled for Monday morning the 17th. I was hoping to have a normal delivery and was a little bummed at first, but the more I think about it, I trust my Dr and in the end, all I really want is a safe, healthy baby! So, Monday it is... I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY IN A FEW DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I have loved every minute of my journey through pregnancy and am so excited to meet our beautiful daughter! The gift of life is such a miracle and I feel so blessed to be having her join our family!

#2. I'M OFFICIALLY RETIRED!

My last day of work was Oct 31st. I have officially changed my career to full time mommy! It feels very weird to be home since I've worked for so many years (since I was 15, not counting babysitting as a young teen). But it's a nice change. I have my time back to spend how I want to, not on someone else's clock! And it's made the past couple weeks of pregnancy a bit easier as well :)

I am so grateful to Kurt for making this happen for our family. There will be a few sacrifices that we will have to make since we have cut our income in half, but in the end, it will be so worth it. I feel so strongly about being home to raise my family.

#3. OUR NEW RIDE:

After the baby shower, Kurt was putting our stroller in the trunk of my car and it barely fit. You had to put it in halfway, then twist it to a different angle, and it took up the whole trunk. We've been talking about getting an SUV, so we just had to make a decision a little sooner. Last week we found this from a private seller... a 2003 Expedition.


Now my stroller and carseat fit perfectly. We are officially ready for Baby Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

barbafamily said...

I am SOOO excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures! Best of luck for Monday and I'll be praying for you - that is one big girl! And, how great that you're officially retired! And, love the new ride :-) Love ya!!

Michelle said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! All i can say now is hold on for an exciting ride!! (w/ your expedition of course!)

Heather Weir said...

Congratulations. I can't wait for pictures of the beautiful baby. And meet here in a few more weeks. to give her her present. I'll come out and see you when you feel you can have visitors.

Its great being at home! Different at first. Being a mother is great! I'm glad you have a good doctor that wouldn't let things go wrong in the frist place. I'm so happy for you!

Erika Amezquita said...

Wow Shannon that's some great news, but kind of crazy too! It helped me not to think of it knowing I could go into labor any day, but to have a scheduled day, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night in anticipation!!!

Looks like you're definitely ready for that baby, that was a nice and roomy suv you got. Definitely really helpful when you have kids! And congratulations on your new job, it is soooooo exciting to have a new little baby to take care of. Good luck with your delivery, too bad they decided to do the c-section (not fun! But at least you wont go through all that pain since you'll be getting the epidural--your best friend). Keep us posted with pictures and let us know when you're ready to have visitors so we can come and meet her!!!

Melinda said...

I'm excited for you! There is nothing like holding that baby for the first time! She will melt your heart! Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures!

Tawni said...

congrats on the baby news! i hope the c-section goes well for you!
congrats on no more woking! that was a big celebration for me!
and you have my car! that is exactly what we have, color & year, and I love it! You are just missing the pink flip flop stickers.lol