Saturday, November 1, 2008

Busy Week - Halloween and Baby Shower

Happy Halloween!!!! Hope everyone had a fun and safe night! We went over to my parents' house to BBQ and hand out candy. My dad fixed hamburgers and hot dogs for all of us and set up his tiki torches in the front yard. It was fun.

My dad got this new Frankenstein this year. I don't know who had more fun w/ it, him or the kids. This guy talks and says something about having a scarier costume than you and pulls off his face to reveal a skeleton and laughs all scary. It was fun seeing all the reactions from the trick or treaters.

My nephew was more interested in eating all his candy!

He was dressed up as the cutest little lion. His mom turned his wagon into a little zoo for him with stuffed animals all around. She even made a sign for the front of the wagon that said "Feed the Lion". It was so cute!

His sister was dressed up as a rebel cheerleader. She sure scored with the candy too! I might have to hit her up for some treats :)

At the end of the night, my nephew was plum tuckered out and was the first to fall asleep.



October 25th... Last Saturday was my baby shower. There was quite the turnout. I think about 35 or 40 people showed up. It was loud, crazy chaos. I loved it! We had a great time and ate lots of yummy food. I wasn't really paying attention too much to get pictures though. I wish I would have thought about that and pulled my camera out to get snapshots of who was there.
Here's me with my big ole belly!

My mom put together a little banner with the baby's name and pulled out some of my baby pictures for display. Mom's are great at that type of thing aren't they?


My sister in law carved the cutest little baby buggy out of a watermelon. She used a pumpkin carver. What a great idea. It turned out so adorable!


This was my cake. We kinda forgot about it and it wasn't set out until the end so sorry for those of you that left without getting any. It was really yummy. And the bakery messed up so we had a full sheet instead of the half that was ordered. My mom ended up sending it home with everyone so we wouldn't be eating it for a week!


When I came home, Kurt had to haul all the gifts from my car upstairs into the baby's room. What a trooper. Looks like we won't need diapers for a couple months! Yeay!

I can't believe how many gifts we ended up with. Little Brooklyn is sure going to be one spoiled little baby girl! Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the shower. It was fun to have everyone together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our baby!

Now I just have to figure out where to put all this stuff. My project for this week is to get everything washed and put away. I can't wait to meet our little baby!

Whew, and that was our week in a recap!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah! I know that preparing for this little girl has been so rewarding!! You are going to be such a fun mom! I enjoyed the shower! She'll be here soooooon!!

Heather Weir said...

I'm so sorry I had to miss your shower. I have a gift for you. I need to somehow get it over to you. Looks like you got some great things from your pictures. I wish I could have been there to help celebrate! Your little Brooklyn will ove all her gifts!

barbafamily said...

Your dad looks great and I love your nephew's costume! TOO cute! Your shower looks like it was so fun! And, you look absolutely adorable!!!

Tawni said...

wow, what a full week you had! now you can relax just a little bit til that baby comes, enjoy it while it lasts!Ü

Kenyon said...

How EXCITING! I wish I couldve been there! Look at all those fun gifts. I bet you are just counting down the seconds to meet her!

Bet365 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.