Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Tanner

I'm a little behind in this post. It's hard to believe that as of last week, this little boy is one year old. My nephew, Tanner, just celebrated his first birthday on July 25th. Where did the time go?

It seems like just the other day this little sweetheart came into the world. He was 8 weeks early and only weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces. He was such a fighter!

He spent the first 4 and a half weeks of his life in the NICU, but had lots of visitors to keep him company. It was so hard to stay away from that little guy for very long. I still can't get over how tiny he was.

A week after he was able to come home, Kurt and I got to babysit him. Kurt was a bit nervous since he was so tiny, but I have proof that he held him. (even though it's only because I put him in his lap and walked off). Kurt gets nervous around new babies. He has a "you break it you buy it policy" but says that it will be different when our baby is born.

Here is Tanner growing up. Almost crawling in this shot.

I am just so in love with those baby blues. He has the prettiest eyes!

For Tanners 1st birthday, he had a pool party at his house. Here he is in the pool w/ his big sister Sage. He just loves hanging out in the water. Who would blame him in this heat?

He even had a pinata for his party. He didn't really show much interest though. Maybe next year.

He did, however, know what to do w/ the birthday cake. Did any of it even make it in his mouth? :) MMMMM, Chocolate! I think all in all, he had a wonderful day.
Happy Birthday Little Tan Man!

4 comments:

Missy said...

You're going to be a great Mom. My oldest was the 1st Grandchild on BOTH sides...I wish I would have had some "training" with nephews and nieces before I became a Mom...but he was very spoiled, that was nice too:)

Erika Amezquita said...

Tanner is so cute, it's hard to believe how small those premies really are! You look so cute in that picture where you're holding the baby, you're gonna be a great mom!!!

Tawni said...

he is a cutie!! that means Saige is right behind him. 2 1/2 months and she is 1. I cannot believe that!!
can't wait to see yours.

barbafamily said...

What a cutie!! I love his eyes!