Saturday, August 30, 2008

Whoa Baby!!!

OK, so I've definitely felt that I've had another growth spurt in the last month or so. All of a sudden I just feel ginormous :) Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it! I had Kurt take another picture so I could compare.... Yep, this baby is GROWING!!!! This was taken Aug 23rd.

And this was taken just last month on July 17th. Wow, what a difference a month can make... I put on the same outfit for the picture since some shirts make you look more prego than others... this is definitely not the shirt that's popping out :) To think, I have 3 full months to go. I wonder what I'll look like then? Haha....

This is my friend Melissa. Her little boy is due just a couple weeks before our baby girl. It is so much fun being pregnant at the same time as a good friend. We can compare stories, Dr visits, what kind of ice cream we had for dessert, and all that fun stuff. Her and her husband were married 11 days after Kurt and I, so we thought it would be perfect if our babies were born 11 days apart as well. It could happen, our due dates are only about 15 days or so apart. We shall see :) Doesn't she look fantastic!!!

All in all, I've had a terrific pregnancy so far. But just as I was boasting about how great I felt and not getting morning sickness or any other ailments... I ended up catching a cold this week. And let me tell you, that's no fun at all when you're pregnant and can't take a whole lot to make it go away. Worst part was, my birthday was this past week (on the 27th) and I've been sick so couldn't really do much.

Kurt was awesome though. He surprised me in the morning with a birthday gift, a new camera. I didn't even ask for one. My other one has been on the fritz lately and irritating me, so he picked up on that. He made me a nice birthday dinner and we laid on the couch and watched a movie and went to bed early. I felt bad because I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere, but he still managed to make my day special. I just love that man!!!

I was hoping to be 100% better since we're leaving this afternoon for Colorado for the week. This cold just won't seem to go away though. Oh well, it'll give me a chance to relax anyway. I can't wait to get out of the heat for a little bit. It will also give me a chance to test out the new camera!!!! Yeay!

12 comments:

Erika Amezquita said...

Hey Shannon!
You look so good pregnate! Dont worry about the weight gain it will all go away once your little baby comes to this world. I love the picture of u and Melissa together that's so cute! Happy late birthday by the way! I will save the date on my calendar for next year ;o)
Have fun in Colorado and enjoy your new camera.

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Awe :) The picture you took of us looks better than the one I took I should have copied yours off and put it on mine :) You look great too! Man, I was thinking the same thing "how big am I going to get.." when I looked at the 1 month difference pics of me... :) Not much time left though! I can't wait for your shower!

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS ON THE 27TH!!?! Happy Late Birthday! Sorry you were sick :( But that's nice what Kurt did for you though :) What would we do without our husbands :)

barbafamily said...

Oh my gosh! You look absolutely adorable! Happy (belated) birthday! And, I LOVE that you are taking a picture in the same shirt each month - what a fantastic idea! You can really see how much your belly has grown - I love it!

Heather Weir said...

You look great! these next few months will go by so fast. And then you'll have that cute baby girl at home with you! So exciting. have fun in Colorado. That should be way fun to get out of the heat for awhile. It was so good to see you at Melissa's shower. Miss ya!

Missy said...

Hang in there...you're in the home stretch! How exciting!!! We have the same craving....crunched oreos and ice cream. I treat myself to that a few times a week, and I am not PREGO...ooops!! Hope you are feeling better, and having fun in Colorado...lucky!

Kenyon said...

What a cute picture of you and Melissa! You both look GREAT! I am so excited for you. I hope this last part of the pregnancy goes fast for you so you can move on to the REALLY fun stuff.....that sweet baby!

Priceless Heritage said...

So cute Shannon! Happy Birthday a little late! New camera's are always fun. Hope it was great!!

Erika Amezquita said...

check out my blog!!!

Marquita said...

Shannon, you look sooo cute and HAPPY! Glad your pregnancy is going great!

Tawni said...

Wow, just one month huh, that was a huge growth spurt!
It is soo wierd, some days you feel like you woke up alot bigger than when you went to bed the night before.
Enjoy the end, it's the not soo fun part!Ü

Anonymous said...

little late for vaginalsex mum but I would love tocum in your ass, hear you begging me tof-ck you harder go deeper