Saturday, February 11, 2012

Colorado Vacation in the Snow!

We just took our annual Winter vacation to play in the Colorado snow! And what a fun trip it was!!!! It was my parents, Kurt and I and the kids, my brother, his wife and their kids, my sister in law and her husband, and my mother in law. Yep... that's 9 adults, 4 kids and 4 dogs all in one house! It was a blast! It was the kind of chaos that makes me glad to be part of a big family. We had so much fun!

There wasn't as much snow this year as there usually is, but enough for the kids to have fun. This was actually the first year that Brooklyn enjoyed the snow! I was so happy that she had a good time.

Here she is doing some sort of dance and shaking her booty... I think she was trying to get the snow off her.


Practicing sledding on a small hill before tackling the big one. Last year she wanted nothing to do with this at all... This year, we couldn't keep her out of it!


All the dogs liked to eat the snow so Brooklyn kept shoveling it in front of them and saying "Here's your food... EAT"


Trenton is all boy. I wasn't sure how he was going to react to the snow since Brooklyn never liked it... But he took right to it. He didn't care if he got cold or wet. He would actually get mad if someone went outside and didn't take him along. He had so much fun!


All bundled up. He reminded us all of the little boy in that movie "Christmas Story". He looked so cute!


Tanner and Brooklyn sledding down the bigger hill out front. We love having a sledding hill right at the house so we don't have to drive anywhere.


Brooklyn would go down the hill as many times as she wanted, but NEVER carried her sled back up. Tanner is such a good cousin though, he always helped her! Either that or Mommy and Daddy had to chase after it for her! She sure knows how to work the system!


These two are just the best of friends. I love that my kids have cousins they are close to. Tanner was showing her how to play games on their ipad.


One of the neighbors let the kids ride their pony. They thought that was a real treat!


This ear to ear smile says it all. She was having such a good time!


Trenton wanted in on the action too. I just let him sit there for a minute though instead of taking an actual ride. Didn't know if Brooklyn would be able to hold on to him if he slipped.


Grandpa helped make a snowman for the kids.


Kurt and I (with the help of the kids) made an "igloo". It turned out more like a snow fort, but hey... it was pretty cool!

Sage and Brooklyn in the fort.


Tanner, Brooklyn and Trenton playing in it. I was so sore after building this thing... Next year, when I'm not pregnant, Kurt and I are going to make a HUGE one!


Trenton thought he was pretty tough picking up the leftover snow bricks.


I love this picture. We were all sitting around the kitchen table playing games one night and Tanner fell fast asleep in my brother's lap. This kid can fall asleep anywhere. Mine don't do that! They keep going and going until I send them to their beds!


Finally! Right before we left a nice little snow storm came in and dropped about 6 inches in the night! It was so pretty to wake up to this!


There's just something about fresh snow in the trees that is absolutely beautiful!


Trenton wanted to sled on his own, but I was afraid he'd get going and get scared or fall off and I wouldn't be able to run my pregnant booty fast enough to save him...


So Brooklyn helped him out. They weren't actually moving in this picture, but they sure were having fun! I love these two!


Kurt made a little snow chair in the fort for Trenton. He played on this thing for hours (sitting/standing/climbing).


Brooklyn said this was her castle and she was the Queen.


And this was the "Queen's" bed for sleeping. She's such a goof!


We had a wonderful time! Even the drive wasn't bad. I think the kids are used to it because out of 7.5 hours in the car each way, they are usually only cranky for about 15-20 min! I can definitely handle that. Our next trip will include another family member. Can't wait to take Little One up there too!

I love being able to share these vacations with my family... We are making such fun memories!

0 comments: