Saturday, January 28, 2012

Color Run 2012

My family participated in a 5K race at Tempe Beach Park today! Well, most of us walked it. My mom even got in on the action!!! Way to go! It was just over 3 miles... and what a beautiful day for it! I got a little extra workout pushing 60 pounds worth of kids up hills and through sand and grass...

This picture is totally out of order, but I just got it from my mother in law and it was so neat I had to include it... This was one of the color throws at the finish line. What an amazing shot!!!


Here's me and mom at the start!


We did this to support Sage. Her school sponsored a team in the Color Run. All proceeds from this run went to Cardon Children's Hospital, which is where she has spent quite a bit of time lately.

Here's Sage and the kids all squeaky clean before the race.


Tanner was ready to go with cool hair and everything!


Look at all that white! From what I understand, there were over 6000 people registered. It was packed.


My mother in law, sister in law and her husband at the start...


Check out this guy... he was wearing a pink bikini while running! There were some CRAZY outfits there.


This was the first color station. They had them set up at every 1K marker, each a different color. Brooklyn was freaking out about getting paint on her so I brought a sheet to cover the stroller. Besides, I didn't want paint all over my stroller. Too bad the sheet didn't help much and I had to clean it anyway :)


Trenton with a cheesy grin showing off his paint. He didn't seem to mind getting colored!


This is what we looked like when we finished!


Kurt's mom, sister and brother in law... "After" shot! I love it!


And just for the record... Grandma and the Pregnant Chick did NOT finish last! We weren't fast or anything... but we didn't come in last! We rock!!!


Check out my mom... This is a good look for her! :)


Sage all colored out!


Sage and Trenton having fun...


This boy was such a mess! He looks like an orphan! You should have seen the bathtub when he and Brooklyn were finished! The water was completely purple.


Everybody had such a good time! This wasn't my first 5K, but it was a first with messy paint! We just might have to participate in this one again next year. It was so much fun! Thanks again to everyone who came out to support Sage's team!!!

0 comments: