Saturday, February 26, 2011

An Artist, A Sleepyhead, A Big Boy and Birthday Cupcakes...

Picasso, move over... we have an up and coming artist in the house!


OK, maybe she still needs some practice, but she sure is having fun drawing on her easel.


Don't tell Grandpa.... Trenton got caught playing with a doll. And from the looks of it, he liked it :)


A new and improved way to sit on a princess chair.


I think he's starting to outgrow the bouncy chair.


It's ok, sister will help you bounce. (while singing rock a bye of course)


He was soooo tired the other night and fell asleep before I changed him. I figured he couldn't go to bed with a soggy diaper since it would be about 10 hours before he got a dry one, so like it or not, he needed a change.


This sleepyhead didn't even flinch when I undressed him.


I changed the diaper and put his clothes back on and he was still out. Hooray! Straight to bed you go!


My baby just turned 6 months old. Where or where did the time go? Didn't I just have him? He weighs in at 20 pounds 12 ounces and 28.5 inches long. He's 3 pounds heavier than Brooklyn and I were at that age and 2 pounds heavier than Kurt. I think he's going to be a big boy!

He got 4 shots and fell right to sleep afterward. He stayed in the carseat just like this for the next 2 hours. Poor guy. He had a hard time with this round and ran a fever that night and was a cranky pants the whole next day.


Now that he's 6 months, we moved from just rice cereal to flavored foods. Does he like it? Hmmm....


Yep, sure does. So far he's only had squash, but we have several fruits and veggies on the menu in the near future. I'm excited to give him new flavors to see what his favorite is... but of course we're waiting a few days in between each to make sure he's not allergic. You never know!


I think I'll just help myself to some more!


Getting ready to go to Grandma's for her birthday. Trenton was ready for a nap so we just loaded him in the carseat instead of laying him down. Brooklyn helped "rock a bye" him. She is such a good helper these days.


I LOVE her face on this one. She was watching me frost the cupcakes and kept saying. "Mmmm, cake. My favorite." I told her we had to wait until we got to Grandma's and sang Happy Birthday to her. As soon as we walked in the door, she climbs up on the chair and says "Let's have cake". She sure was eyeing them!


But darnit, we made her eat lunch first. FINALLY... a taste of cupcake.


Mmmmmm, delicious!


And yes, my two year old still fits in the bumbo chair. She is always stealing it from her brother. I guess it makes for a good spot to watch cartoons in the morning.


These kiddos sure keep me busy every day, but oh what fun times we have! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comments:

Tawni said...

How fun! Arent' kids the best? They make life soo much more enjoyable.