Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

We went to my brother and Heidi's to carve pumpkins. Here are the kids all ready to go!


The dads were taking control of the knives to help out the little ones.


Brooklyn had to check out what was inside. She didn't like getting the "guts" on her fingers though.


This is the first and only family picture I have of all four of us and Trenton is 2 1/2 months!!! What the heck!


Once Brooklyn had a spoon to scoop, she was having fun with it.



Sage drawing her cat design on her pumpkin.



Tanner sure was having a good time! He didn't mind all the guts.



Brooklyn picked a smily face design for her pumpkin. She colored it before her daddy could trace it.



Hard at work.



The finished products... minus Sage's. She was still carving all the details on her cat.



Halloween night... We went to my parents' house to celebrate. Brooklyn was dressed as a Flower Fairy. I tried all night to get a good picture and she didn't want to cooperate. This is as good as it gets! She looked so cute!




Here were the wings. They only lasted long enough to get this picture and then we were done with them for the night.



I decided not to dress Trenton up this year. I wanted him to be comfortable instead so he wore a shirt with a ghost on it. That works!!!



Mommy and Trenton.



Sage pulling the kids in the wagon.


My brother and Heidi dressed up their dog. She looked so cute in her butterfly wings and antenna. She actually left them on all night! She did better than the kids at leaving costumes on!



Brooklyn's Auntie gave her a ghost balloon that was bigger than her. She loved it!




Having some watermelon.



Hey Brooklyn, Yuuuuummmm.....



More watermelon.



Trenton with Jan (my parents' neighbor who we've known for 30 years). She's like another Grandma to me.



I made Gravediggers Delight. It was yummy. (chocolate pudding, whip cream and cookies)



I also made some Halloween cupcakes. It's not like we needed any more sugar for the night though.




Having dinner in the driveway. We like to get everyone together in one place and make a big u-shape for all the trick or treaters to come get candy from all the different households in one spot.


Brooklyn chowing down on her hot dog. I guess she didn't want a bun with it this time. She ate the hot dog right out of the center.




Tanner was Iron Man. I didn't get his face in this pose, but right after I took the picture, he shot me with the darts that were on his wristband. What a goofball. His chest lit up too. It was pretty neat, especially when the sun went down.



The kids trick or treating. Brooklyn actually had fun this year.



Checking out her loot. Before the night was over, she had this pumpkin filled to the brim.



Going up to a scary house. I thought Brooklyn would do fine walking up to the doors with her cousins... boy was I wrong. She wasn't scared, it was the complete opposite... She just walked right inside the house once the door was opened. Good thing we knew the people that lived there. I had to hold her hand after that until Auntie Heidi pulled them in the wagon once they got tired.



This is how Trenton watched his sister trick or treat. Boy does he have it made. I wish I had someone to snuggle me and carry me around the neighborhood!



He was passed out when we got home. What a sweet little face.



And that's our Halloween in a nutshell this year. Brooklyn was excited to stay up past bedtime and had a ton of fun with her cousins.

2 comments:

100% said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nancy said...

I had such a fun time looking through these pictures this morning! I laughed out loud too many times to count. I'm so glad to be a part of your family. Oh, and thanks for taking pictures of the parade; that's all I got to see of it.

Love,
Nancy