Monday, June 8, 2009

June Vacation Part 1...

I wasn't sure what to expect with Brooklyn's first airplane ride (since babies don't understand the whole change in altitude thing), but she did FANTASTIC! She slept during take off and landing so it didn't bother her at all and the only time she cried was when she was hungry.


And when she was awake, she was her normal happy self. She played with the drink cups and flirted with the other passengers. I was so proud of her.


First stop... INDIANA. We checked into the hotel and had some "jumping on the bed" time to unwind after being couped up on the plane for so long.


Then we met up with some friends of mine for dinner, but dang it, I left the camera in the car so didn't get any pictures.

We visited Kurt's grandparents in Indiana. They were so excited to meet Brooklyn. She's the first great grandchild on Kurt's side of the family.


Grandma Bucy and Brooklyn:


She was teaching her patty cakes.



Kurt's aunt: (We got to visit Kurt's uncle too, but I guess he was staying away from the camera)



We had such a good time. It was so nice to be able to spend some time with them, even though it was only for a couple days.



Grandpa Bucy and Kurt:


After our IN visit, we drove to Kentucky for the weekend. Here is Brooklyn having breakfast in bed :)



The hotel wasn't really baby proof so Kurt made her a little cushioned area with all the pillows. She was having fun.



And she got to take a big girl bath in the bathtub. This was a first for her. We always use the little baby tub at home. She was splashing and having a good time!



We went to our Team/MonaVie convention while in Kentucky. This was the fountain out front of the exposition center. It looked so pretty at night.


And here is a shot of ALL the people who attended. I don't know for sure how many people were there, but I think it was around 8,000 or so. There were many great speakers and we really enjoyed ourselves and learned so much.


After the convention was over, we drove up to Michigan to visit a friend of mine. It was about a 7 hour drive. Kurt and I get really excited after attending a Team major function so we took advantage of the drive together and spent a majority of the time discussing our goals and dreams and how we can get to where we want to be. We feel so blessed to be a part of such a great team that has such a positive impact on our life!

We'll be spending this week in MI. More pictures to come!

5 comments:

Tawni said...

Looks like you guys had a fun vacation!

Linae said...

I'm having so much fun looking at all your posts, past and present! I'm trying to get better at blogging and now I'm inspired! You don't miss a moment, good for you. Brooklyn is so precious, you guys have a great family. I miss the Team, I'm glad you guys went and had a great time.

Erika Amezquita said...

I'm glad you posted some pictures before your vacation is even over- you're so good at that! It takes me forever to post things and you're right on the ball! LOL.. I'm glad Brooklyn did so well on the plane!She is so adorable, you two make cute babies! lol.. I'm glad you guys visited his grandparents, "I'm sure they were so excited to see the baby. I cant wait to see more pictures of your trip!

Angie said...

Brooklyn is soooo cute and she was born on my birthday! Maybe I will get to meet her someday:) I'm glad you had fun at the team convention, I was bummed that I couldn't be there but I was busy having a baby. See you at the July seminar:)
Angie

Michelle said...

Shannon! I miss it all!! I miss guys!