Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday (the 17th). Wow, I cannot believe it's been 2 years already. Where does the time go? We are having so much fun and enjoying our life together. I could not ask for more!


I just love this man with all my heart and am so proud of what he does for our family. Because of him, I am able to be a stay at home mom and raise our family. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate him!



We had a nice anniversary. Kurt took the day off work and we started off by sleeping in. Even Brooklyn cooperated and slept in with us. Yeay! Kurt had our day planned and didn't let me know what was going on until we got to each place. I think he knows I hate surprises (well, I don't hate them, I just like to know what is going on).

We drove up to the top of South Mountain for the afternoon. It sure was neat to overlook the city. This picture doesn't even do it justice...



Kurt packed a cooler and a picnic lunch for us (Paradise Bakery, yumm) and we ate lunch in the back of our truck overlooking the city. We were on top of the world.



Brooklyn had her lunch in the back of the truck too and then we loaded her in the Baby Bjorn and took a walk. It was a beautiful day and we had such a good time.



Then we went home, changed, dropped Brooklyn off with my mom, and Kurt had surprise dinner reservations. I figured out where we were going just before we got there. He took me to the Salt Cellar for a fancy seafood meal. If you've never heard of it, it's fantastic. The whole restaraunt is underground. This was where he took me for dinner the night he proposed 2 1/2 years ago. It was so romantic!

We had a very nice anniversary. I'm looking forward for many many more in the years to come.

3 comments:

barbafamily said...

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a great day! What a wonderful hubby you have :-)

Tawni said...

Sounds like such a fun day! Happy Anniversary! My 8 year is coming up next month, how crazy is that!?
And I won't mention our 30 yr old birthday's coming up in August, yuck!

Michelle said...

2 years! What a fun day! Nothing better than spending time with loved ones! I miss you girl! I miss that we aren't around the corner from each other! I miss not seeing you at Fry's! Hee-hee! I'm grateful for your friendship!