Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Winter Colorado Trip

We spent the last week of January up at my parent's Colorado house. It was so much fun. I was so proud of Brooklyn too. She slept the whole way there and back (about a 7 hour drive). She woke up a couple times for a bottle or to give me a little grin, but then went back to napping. What a trooper. I was hoping she did good, otherwise it would have been a LONG drive for me.

We were ready to play in the snow. When we first arrived, there wasn't much snow on the ground and we were a bit bummed, but it snowed Sunday night, Monday and a bit on Tuesday so we were good to go!

Here's Kurt and I all bundled up!



Bailee of course loved playing in the snow. She ran for hours on end and was having a blast!


We found a good sledding hill not too far from the house. It was hard work climbing to the top in the altitude. Here's Kurt after going down the hill.


And here's me. I made the fastest and longest runs out of all of us. I ran into Bailee coming down on my 3rd try. I wasn't too good at steering the sled and the dumb dog didn't move out of my way. Kurt caught it on the video camera. I was cracking up.


My grandpa was up there with us. He just LOVES his great granddaughter. He kept asking to hold her the whole week. He couldn't get enough! It was so cute.



And here's Brooklyn hugging my mom while she was napping. So adorable. It was a nice break for me having my mom up there to play with Brooklyn so I could get out and play as well.



Kurt and I had wanted to make a snowman but the dang snow wouldn't pack for us. So Kurt made a snow angel instead.



Here's the final product. Very impressive!


Here's Kurt on the quad spinning donuts. That was so much fun. We took it out of 4x4 and the tires would just spin. I was on the other quad and we'd race. Bailee was trying so hard to keep up with us.



Toward the end of the week we decided to take a drive up to Telluride. Here's Brooklyn all snuggled up in her warm blankie. I just love this pic of her. Look at those eyes!


After we had been driving a bit, she was so sleepy and was fighting it. Of course mommy had the camera on her since she's so cute!


Here are the 3 of us walking through Telluride. We did a little shopping and had lunch at the Brown Dog Pizza place. It was yummy!



It was only about 20 degrees outside so I had Brooklyn all bundled up. I opened the bunde just enough for her to breathe. I couldn't resist taking this shot: At least she stayed nice and warm.


This was so beautiful with the colors in the mountain and the US flag flying ontop of one of the buildings. So pretty!


This was so neat. Once you get into Telluride, all the houses are so cute and all sorts of bright different colors. I'd never seen anything like it. No two were alike.


This is kind of hard to see, but right in the center of this shot is a frozen waterfall. Telluride was so pretty!



Doesn't she look like Little Red Riding Hood in this outfit?


We had such a good vacation. It was nice to get away for a bit. And with Brooklyn being such a good traveler, we just might have to do it again :) Hmmmm, where to next?

4 comments:

Erika Amezquita said...

Hey Shannon,

Looks like a really fun vacation! I love the snow, I havent been to the mountains in forever! I was laughing at the picture of Kurt making the snow angel, that was funny. And Brooklyn looked so cute in those pics, and warm! Wasnt that the blanket and outfit I gave you? Really cute, I also like the red outfit.

How was your play date? Rob told me that Linae and Casey moved to Utah! Im sad to see them gone ;(

Freedom Team Financial said...

What a great vacation! I have heard Teluride (sp?) is beautiful!!
Brooklyn looks so cute. You will love looking back at these special pictures of when your family was just beginning.

Freedom Team Financial said...

That was Kenyon :)

Palmer family said...

Congrats on cute little Brooklyn! I haven't been on your blog in forever. I am sure you are enjoying every single moment as a Mom. Good for you to stay home and not go back to work. I bet you are loving it!? Your CO trip looks like lots 'o fun too. Beautiful mtns, snow to play in, family to spend time with, getting away....good for you guys!
Take care, Lindsay