Friday, July 4, 2008

Ultrasound


We had our ultrasound on Thursday. My "feeling" has been that it was a boy. I've been totally thinking that for about 2 months now. Boy was I WRONG. She's all girl. I was a little shocked to see that. Boy are we excited though!!!!! We're having a baby girl!!!!!!

When we first got to the ultrasound, she was all curled up in the fetal position w/ her legs crossed tight. She did not want to cooperate. Then she got the hiccups and I think that's when she loosened up and gave us the shot we were looking for. She never let us see her face, but we definitely know she's a girl now. I'm so excited to not be calling her "it" anymore!

She has a strong heart, organs look good, spine looks good, she's measuring perfect for her height and weight so far... All in all, everything is great! She's in a breach position right now, but obviously she'll be moving all around in the next few months. She was sleeping in a spot where her head was being bounced by my aorta pumping. It was so cute. It looked like she was dancing like those SNL guys w/ their heads bopping to the side. It must have been soothing to her though because she was not wanting to wake up and let us take her picture!

I just love getting a peak of that little baby growing inside. It really brings things into perspective and lets me feel closer to her. We feel so blessed and could not be more happy about bringing this little girl into our family!

She's going to have Kurt wrapped around her little finger. He'll be surrounded by females now, including the dog!!!

9 comments:

Tawni said...

I am soooo stinkin excited for you!! Girls are soo much fun! You will love being a mom and she will be so lucky to have a fun mom like you!

Priceless Heritage said...

Yeah- I love girls too. You are going to have a lot of fun girl time. Congrats!

Missy said...

Yay!!! So...Brooklyn Bucy? Seriously...how cute is that?! I am so excited for you!!!

barbafamily said...

Congrats!!!! That is SO exciting! She will be such a beautiful little girl too! Love ya!

Kenyon said...

I could NOT be more excited for you!! Congratulations. I know you are so excited, but you still cant even imagine how in love you are going to be...there is nothing that could explain it. You are gonna be such a great loving Mom. I love blogging because people who care about you get to see the journey!
love ya

Heather Weir said...

Girls are so much fun! I'm so excited our babies can be friends
I'm so escited for you guys!

Marquita said...

Yeah, for girls. Everyone's right, girls are sooo much fun. Congrats!

Helen Thomas Robson said...

Oh, that is so awesome. You will love having a little girl...You are so going to want to buy every cute little out fit you see. Congrats. I am so happy for you.
helen

Michelle said...

Shannon! Girls just wanna have fun!! You'll be an amazing mom! You have prepared yourself for this time. I can't wait to see her-any names???