Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Madison's Room

Since we didn't know if Madison was a boy or a girl until she was born, this was our first baby that didn't have a nursery ready ahead of time.  We figured if it was a boy, he would just take Trenton's room as is, and if it was a girl, she would keep the monkey theme and I'd just add pink so we wouldn't have to make a whole new theme.

Well, it's taken a while, but her room is FINALLY finished and she's moved in there instead of the bassinet in our room.  She was the longest baby to stay in our room, but I liked having her there.

Added pink sheets and dust ruffle to the crib and put a girlie mobile up.


Took Trenton's name off the wall and added a pink changing table cover.


I tied pink ribbons to make bows on the monkeys on the wall.


Pink picture frame on the dresser.  I'll probably put a pink pillow on the rocker... And I think I want to find some pink and brown polka dot fabric and redo the topper on the curtain.


I think my coconut tree was the main reason I didn't want to redo the nursery... I wasn't ready to paint over that just yet :)


I think she likes the new room!  We put her in the crib to sleep this week too.  I think I was ready to let her go as well.  After spending 2 weeks in CO sharing a room with the kids, I was ready for my own room back!  She's doing great at night and now I have a safe zone for her naps where the kids can't bother her!


This is Brooklyn and Trenton's room.  He'll just have to deal with the girl theme (which you can't really see in this angle, but it's ladybugs) until Madison is out of the crib and they switch back!  He'll get over it :)


Actually... I'd like to be in a bigger house in the next few years and then they can all have their own rooms :)

0 comments: