Sunday, April 1, 2012

Update on Bed Transition

So, it's been a week and a half since moving Trenton to his big boy bed. I honestly don't know what I was so worried about. He took it like a champ. Only stayed up late the first night and has been acting like the new bed has been here all along.

I have to laugh at all the different positions I find him in though. Sideways, head hanging over...


Gotta love this one... Head on bed, feet on floor. This was how I found him when Brooklyn went to bed. He doesn't even wake up when we go in there to get her ready for bed. Yeay! What a good boy!


Brooklyn has been napping on the floor in my room when we haven't given Trenton enough time to fall asleep. Otherwise their 3 hour naps turn into playtime instead. I don't care where she sleeps as long as I get my break too :)


And of course, during the day, the bed is a toy to play with... Trenton loves to play "tackles". And he really does love his new bed. He doesn't argue anymore when it's time to get out of the bath because he knows he gets to go in his room to check out his bed. Bedtime is a breeze because he loves climbing into it.


I just had to include this one because it's actually pretty cute. This is the "time out" corner. Brooklyn knows the drill and Trenton has quickly picked it up as well. Trenton has even gotten to the point where I tell him "time out" and he goes over there himself, puts his nose against the wall and stands there quietly until I tell him he can come out. He then says "sorry" and "hug", gives me a hug and usually drops what he was doing that got him sent there in the first place. Got to start them early :)

0 comments: