Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Coloring Easter Eggs... We painted speckled eggs this year instead of dying them. I thought the kids would have fun with that. Brooklyn was concentrating hard. She only lasted about 5 or 10 minutes though... until she needed to go wash her hands because they were dirty! :)


Trenton had to lend a helping hand too. He just wanted to break the eggs though.


Mommy made an egg for Baby Bucy... It's pink and blue since we don't know whether the baby is a boy or girl yet :)


Our finished product!


We went to Easter Service at church on Saturday night since we had a busy day planned on Sunday. Grandma and Grandpa Bucy came with us. The kids were all dressed up, but I guess I didn't pull my camera out that night for a family picture. Dang it.


Easter morning... The Easter Bunny was very practical this year and brought summer fun buckets for the kids :) New swim suits, summer jammies, shovels/buckets, etc. (Oh, and Reese's Eggs for Mommy... Way to go Easter Bunny)!



The kids checking out their new things.


We had breakfast with Kurt's mom, sister and her husband. His mom hid 200 eggs for us to find. And yes, I said us... There were a couple dozen for the kids, but the rest were for us "big kids". It was so much fun. There were some tricky hiding spots too. I was wondering if she was trying to make this pregnant lady go into labor with all the bending and running around! heehee


Trenton sure was getting the hang of this egg hunt thing!


He was having so much fun!


Look at what I found Mommy!


Me too, me too!


Kurt's mom got the kids Easter baskets, but I didn't get the camera out before they ripped into them. These were just adorable... Bears with personalized bunny outfits on. They were a hit. Brooklyn called hers "jacket bunny" and Trenton calls his "cute".


We spent the afternoon at my Grandma's house with my side of the family. Yummy food, and of course, another egg hunt. Trenton was loving it.... Especially since he has now figured out that plastic eggs contain candy or money!


Look at all those eggs! She did this all on her own too. Good thing the adults helped her eat the candy out of her eggs before we left because I do NOT want that much lying around here. I don't like to give the kids a ton of candy and I don't want to be the one to eat it all!!!


The kids checking out their stash!


Family picture... as good as it's going to get anyway! Kids didn't want to cooperate. Oh well. That's life!


I just love this goofy, happy boy! This is his surprise face!


He's such a ham.


And OK, I know Grandpa likes to spoil the kids... but I think they're a bit young to be driving! Who gave that girl the keys? She said she needed to go to the grocery store. At least she remembered that they both need to wear their seat belts :)


We had a fun-filled, busy day celebrating with our families. Now just a couple days left before we get even busier when this new baby joins us :) So excited!!!!!!!

1 comments:

famous artists paintings said...

How cute babies they are.I like your blog very much.Thank you for your sharing.Best wishes to you.