Friday, August 27, 2010

Trenton James has arrived!

Before:
This is what my 39 week belly looked like! Whoa! My guess was that we were going to have a big baby boy!


I went and got a pedicure with baby blue polish for the occasion :)


And Brooklyn got a new My Little Pony backpack to take her favorite toys over to her slumber party with Grandma and Grandpa while Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital. She thought she was hot stuff carrying it around.


August 23rd... at the hospital getting ready for baby. This is Kurt and I in the triage room before surgery. We were scheduled for 8:30 but got bumped for an emergency. Trenton was born at 10:16.


And here's Baby Trenton. 9 pounds 7 ounces, 21 inches long. I knew he was going to be big!



Finally getting to meet Mommy! I waited 9 months for this moment! And it was worth every minute.




Getting cleaned up in the nursery while Mommy was sent to the recovery room.



First time Mommy got to hold him. I was loving it :) He is just so precious!



Daddy and Trenton. Kurt looks a bit tired. I think we all had a very long day and of course didn't get much rest the night before because we were too excited to sleep!



My mom and Trenton.



Great Grandma with Trenton.


Kurt's mom and Trenton.



My parents brought Brooklyn to the hospital so she could meet her baby brother. I think she was more interested in playing around in my room instead.



But she did finally go check him out. She gave him a hug and here she is "petting" his arm.



She thought she'd check him out again when Auntie Heidi was holding him.



We tried to get some pictures of me with both kids, but Brooklyn didn't want to smile for the camera. She had too much other stuff going on. Here she was trying to feed him goldfish crackers. What a good big sister.


Then she was off playing Ring Around the Rosies with the curtain in my room. Silly girl has her priorities.



Trenton's going home outfit! My handsome little man.


All buckled up in his new carseat. Take me out of this place he says. I'm ready to see my new home!



Leaving the hospital. I actually had a very good experience this time, but was happy to be going home on time. Once home, I could actually get some rest :)



Trenton's first ride in the truck.



The pretty flowers Kurt's mom brought to the hospital for me.


At home. Brooklyn was checking out her new baby brother. She has some adjusting to do, but I think she'll get used to him sooner or later. It's not like she really has a choice... he's not going anywhere.



He had a bit of jaundice so was catching some rays outside.


We are all doing great and just love this new addition to our family. We just don't get as much sleep as we used to :) But it's worth it!

3 comments:

Tawni said...

Congrats to you guys! What a sweet BIG baby boy! Hope big sister gets use to him and helps you out with things. They will be close when he gets older i'm sure.
Hope recovery goes well for you!

Heather Weir said...

He's so cute. I love the swing outside. he was such a big baby. I can't even imagine having a baby that was big. Both my girls were in teh 6 lb range. I hope Brooklyn adjusts well. It's so cute to have an older sibling take care of a little baby!

Priceless Heritage said...

Congrats! He is so cute and such a cute name. Glad everything went well. You're such a wonderful mommy Shannon.