Saturday, November 7, 2009

Green Thumb!

Kurt is allergic to the grass, so the backyard has always been my project. Well, with me being pregnant and caring for a newborn last year, the yard pretty much was neglected and died. Since we are having Brooklyn's Birthday party at our house next week, I didn't want a dead yard so decided to plant my winter grass.

Here is a before picture.


Another angle. Since there wasn't really any grass left, I just dug out the old stuff, laid fertilizer and threw a bunch of rye seed.

One week later, it started to sprout.

Two weeks later, looking good! I watered it 3-4 times a day.



Two and a half weeks later.... it's time to mow! I didn't realize it would go from dirt to this in just 2 1/2 weeks!



Look at this lush green grass! Isn't it beautiful? I must have a green thumb afterall :)


Now, if only I can keep it alive through winter.

0 comments: