Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oh Baby!

Well, I am 12 weeks now! Yeay! We had our first ultrasound last week. And as many of you know, they were going to be looking for twins... but it was only one baby in there. It just has a lot of extra room to grow in there in the next 6 months!

Here is what a Baby Bucy looks like. I love this little profile :) I didn't think we were going to be able to see so many features this early on. It was great!

Here you can see the eye sockets and little mouth forming, and its little arm curled up by its face.

And this is just my favorite... the baby turned and was waving "hi mom" right to me!!!

The baby was sleeping when they first started the ultrasound (with both arms right up by its face). The ultrasound tech pushed on my belly a bit and got the little guy to wake up. And then it was moving all over the place. It was so amazing! It really made things seem real for me now. I knew I was pregnant, but seeing that little baby growing inside of me just put everything in place! I of course got a little teary eyed when I saw the baby. I cannot wait to be a mommy!

In 6 weeks we'll have another ultrasound and be able to tell if it's a boy or a girl. I'm thinking its a boy... Kurt has said boy all along... We shall see soon enough!

7 comments:

Erika Amezquita said...

Aweeee... you're making me want to get pregnant! I love those ultrasounds, it just makes everything seem so real and it's so amazing to see that little miracle on a screen. I'm so excited for you guys, you're gonna be a great mom! Keep us posted along the way!

Priceless Heritage said...

Those are so precious! Congrats again. Love the waving one.

Missy said...

How sweet & sooo exciting! I remember my "first" look at my 1st baby...it was seriously the BEST. You are going to be a great Mom...can't wait to find out if it's a she or he!

barbafamily said...

SO cute! I'm so glad you posted your ultrasound pics! Ultrasounds are the greatest! I can't wait for you to find out if you are having a boy or a girl!!! SO exciting!

Kenyon said...

Yeah Shannon! There is nothing better. I remember that first glance at the baby like it was yesterday. I am so happy for you. That baby will be here before ya know it :)

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Oh my goodness shannon I am getting teary eyed just reading that! We finally did go to our appointment and in 4 weeks we get to find out if it's a boy or girl! Brandon thinks it might be a boy too so we'll see if this boy streak keeps up :) I am so happy you are pregnant! I can't wait until our little babies are here!!! Hope you have a fun time in Colorado call me when you get home!

Tawni said...

Kay, I didn't know you were pregnant, where have I been? I am sooo stinkin excited for you!!! I can't wait to see what it will be! You will be a fun mom!