Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day. Kurt got the waffle maker out and made me waffles for breakfast for my first mother's day! And they were tasty!

We spent the afternoon at my brother's house.... and we had a houseful. It was me and Kurt, my brother, his girlfriend Heidi and their two kids, my mom and dad, my grandma and Heidi's parents. We ate a lot of good food, went swimming and just played all afternoon.

Bailee even got to go bye-bye. She loves riding in the car. There were actually 3 dogs that got to play together... ours, my brothers and my parents. When we have a party, we really have a party! Dogs and all :)

Here's my grandma and Tanner

These are the yummy steaks we grilled for dinner! If anyone went home hungry it was their own fault. There was a ton of food! (steak, twice baked potatoes, pasta salad, rolls, beans, veggies/dip, chips/dip, shrimp, cake). What more could you ask for? :)

This is my mom taking Tanner (my nephew) for a cruise in his car. He just loves that thing! (and that's Tanner's dog Shelby helping out)

Tanner in his hippo in the swimming pool. He was having a blast in the water. It was a little cold but he didn't seem to mind. He splashed around all afternoon until his little arms started to turn blue. Auntie Shannon was the one taking all the pictures and making sure to stay out of them!

Bailee taking a dip in the pool. We had all 3 dogs swimming with us. They were too funny. But hey, they were having fun too!

And after all that swimming, what's left to do but take a nap! That's hard work!

Here's Sage with her slip n slide.

Tanner got a kick out of it too!

And here's the little guy shoving his face with cake. He had to go in the bath after that one. It was everywhere!

All in all, we had a great day! Everybody will sleep good tonight, including me. Hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

4 comments:

Erika Amezquita said...

Aweee! Tanner is so cute and getting so big! Bailey is so cute it makes me want to get a dog! But a trained dog that wont chew AC cables and leave us without AC in the summer like our old dogs! LOL.. Maybe we can have u and kurt train it and then bring it home! J/K ;o)

I love family get togethers, it looks like you guys had a great time. Happy Mothers Day!

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Man, all that food....mmmmmmm :) That's great that you have a pool! Is it yours? If it is you've been holding out girlfriend! It was so great to see you on Saturday you look fabulous! I can't wait until our bellies finally look like we're pregnant... :) Can't wait for your doctors appointment! Talk to you soon!

Tawni said...

You guys sure look like you had fun!! Mother's day was fun here, brian and the boys went shopping for me and brought home lots of goodies.

Kenyon said...

Now THATS my kind of party!!! All that YUMMY food! Happy belated first Mothers day to you. I am so excited for you to begin your mothering journey, there is nothing better.