Thursday, April 3, 2008

News Update!

So, most of you already know that Kurt and I have been trying to have a baby for a year now. Well a couple months ago, we found out that it wasn't going to happen on its own. My body was actually fighting against the thing I wanted most. I was so upset, but we decided to do whatever it takes to conceive, we just needed a little medical push. Luckily we live in a day where medicine has evolved and they can do wonders! I have a great doctor and he prescribed me what I call my "magic pills" aka fertility drugs, and believe it or not, they worked on my first time around! I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a test at home and it said positive. I didn't believe it so got another one, and what do you know, it said positive too!


I showed it to Kurt and he said, "It's OK, we'll try again next month". I had tears of joy in my eyes and said "NO, look again, you're reading it wrong"


I went to the doctor early this week and it's confirmed. We're going to be having a baby before the year is over. We are both so excited to expand our family! I know it's still really early on, but I am so happy and wanted to shout it from the rooftops!

I've known my whole life I've wanted to be a mommy and I am so thankful the day is finally going to come! I couldn't be happier. :)

9 comments:

Missy said...

Well...I am so excited to be the first to say CONGRATS! How exciting for you! Maybe a Brooklyn on her way:)

Kenyon said...

Shannon, I am SOOO excited for you! You are so deserving of a sweet baby. You just seem like a natural Mom. I couldnt be happier for you! It is every bit the miracle you have dreamed it would be :)
Love ya.

Priceless Heritage said...

Yeah! This is very exciting news. Congratulations- you are a natural mother I can tell. Clomid was our "magic pill" for both our kids-modern tech. is so GREAT. If you have morning sickness- lemons work wonders and milk for heart burn :)

barbafamily said...

Congrats! I am SO excited for you! You are going to be such a fantastic mother! And, isn't modern medicine a blessing?? In order to get pregnant, I have to go onto Clomid - what a wonderful "magic pill!" Congrats and let me know if you need anything!

Erika Amezquita said...

I cant wait to see that belly growing!

Linae said...

YEAH!!!!! I don't know what it is about pregnancy tests, but I love taking them! I think I've wasted way too much money on them! Even after I know I'm pregnant I still take one if it's in my house! I think I like the feeling of passing a test! I am soooo excited for you guys, you passed!! I still remember the 1st time I met Kurt long before you guys met and him saying that he some day wanted a wife and a family. He must have been dreaming pretty big because you are amazing and I know that together you guys will have an amazing family!!!! Love ya tons!

Helen Thomas Robson said...

yeah!!! welcome to the pregnant club.:) When you mentioned on my blog that you were pregnant I had to come to yours and get the scoop. This will be so much fun having all these little ones the same age. Have them play together at play days. You will love it. congrates

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Oh Shannon I knew my test I gave you had to be the lucky one :) I think it's the easiest to read Kurt couldn't have missed that one :) I am so excited that we get to go through this together! How fun will this all be :)

Heather Weir said...

I'm so happy for you. I hope everything is going well. No sickness and all. Let me know if you need anything. Being a mom is the greatest and from the looks of the first year anniversary any baby would be lucky to come to a family so full of love! I miss you. hope to see you soon.