Sunday, March 9, 2008

Saturday Fun...

I volunteered to babysit my nephew Tanner and his big sister Sage for the day. This is my favorite picture of Tanner and Bailee. He's starting to roll over and scoot around so he was following her all over the room. Here he's giving her kisses. She just loved having him over. I wasn't sure how she'd react around a little one (since she's 100 pounds and doesn't know how big she is, but she did great)

Tanner is not that little 3-pound premie anymore. He's getting so big. I think he's almost 20 pounds now and 7 1/2 months old.

Here we go... on the move (sideways that is). Pretty soon he'll be crawling instead of rolling everywhere.

This is Tanner and his big sis. She is 7 and loves having a baby brother. She tries to be the mommy and help out with everything. She can't get enough of her little brother!


My friend Misty is having a birthday next week, so we went over to her house Saturday night to BBQ. Someone brought over that game "Rock Band", which is like the guitar hero, sing star, dance revolution games, etc. for the Xbox. There's a drummer, bass player, guitar and singer. You have to hit the right notes on the instruments and the singer has to stay with the right keys, etc. It was so much fun!


This is Misty on the drums. She was doing really good. I think the drums were the hardest to get the hang of. I stunk and ended up making us lose some of our "fans" because we blew the gig. They switched me to singer after that!

Here is Kurt on the guitar. I think he was having fun playing with the kids. He's such a big kid himself. He was totally rocking out.


This is Misty's youngest son on the bass. You can tell he's totally concentrating so he can hit the right notes. He was cracking me up. He was so serious.

Misty's daughter Kayla on the drums... She was actually very good at it. She was trying to give me pointers, but I just wasn't getting it.


Misty and her son Roger rocking out...


Me and Rogie rocking out...


At the end of the night, we were all wore out. And we actually ended up getting our fans back in the game and getting some more gigs.

9 comments:

barbafamily said...

What a great time!!!! I especially loved the picture of Tanner and Bailee kissing! So precious!

Erika Amezquita said...

That picture with Tanner and Bailey is adorable! I also like the one with Tanner and his big sister, they looked really cute together. Kurt looks too funny with that guitar! And I'm sure you scored plenty of points when you started singing! That looked like a fun night.

Priceless Heritage said...

aww- that pic with Bailey is so cute! I haven't let our dog around Porter yet. Maybe it's time- he's 8months. Looks like you all had a great time rocking out :)

Kenyon said...

How fun!! That 1st picture of the dog and your nephew is SO cute. What a cute family your sister has :)

Tawni said...

that looks like you had a lot of fun!Ü The baby is soo cute!!

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

Man, how come I wasn't there when you were having that party...! Just kiddin' :) I love your fun personality! hey I finally got a blog so you can check it out...it's not as extravigant as your guys' but that's ok :) Your great!!!

Kenyon said...

Shannon, I am planning a girls get together this coming Wednesday at 11am at the park. I know you work and that may be hard but if you can come email me so I can give you directions. Hope you can be there, if not we need to do something else soon. ebizrobson@hotmail.com
Love ya

Linae said...

Hey Shannon you are seriously the cutest! Sorry i have not been up on my blog lately, but thank you for all the sweet comments-I just love you to death! I feel like I don't see you enough these days, but that is my fault. I hope things are going good for you. Your niece and nephew are adorable and I LOVE the pic of him and Bailee! It's comforting to see how well a 3 pound baby can turn out! (that's about how big my baby would be if he were born now) Hope to see you soon! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I think tanner is old enough to start practicing making a baby I would love tocum in her 7 yr oldpu--y